Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs – The best oven baked chicken thighs are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. This easy one pan recipe is made with just a few ingredients. These easy baked chicken thighs are perfectly seasoned and perfectly crispy!
Make these crispy baked chicken thighs once and your family will be asking you to make them again and again. They are that good! Baked chicken is a favorite for quick and easy dinners and baked chicken thighs are a delicious and often overlooked option. Out of all of the recipes for chicken thighs that I’ve tried, this is my favorite!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 3 pounds skin-on bone-in chicken thighs about 8
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 3 tsps dried Italian seasoning
• 2 tsps paprika
• 2 tsps garlic powder
• 2 tsps onion powder
• 1 tsp coarse Kosher salt or 1/2 tsp table salt
• ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rub ingredients until well combined.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and place them on the baking sheet.
- Rub both sides of the chicken with olive oil. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, rubbing it on both sides of the chicken. Try to rub some of the rub underneath the skin as well as on top of the skin for the most flavorful chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven, without moving or turning, until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken (not touching the bone) reaches at least 165 degrees F. This will take about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken thighs.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes on the pan before serving.
NOTES: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs will take about 10 minutes less to bake.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Crispy-Baked-Chicken-Thighs-2556648#directions