This Three-cheese tortellini are smothered in a homemade alfredo sauce. And the best part about this? No, it’s not the epic cheesy-garlic goodness. Or the creaminess that just melts away in your mouth. So simple, so easy, and just amazingly creamy. Best of all, it comes together in just 20 min from start to finish!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 cup half and half*
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
• 1 cup milk, or more, as needed
• 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
• 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and half and half, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
NOTES: *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.
This great family recipe is thanks to Damn Delicious at https://damndelicious.net/2015/02/13/easy-garlic-alfredo-tortellini/