The mild cream cheese perfectly balances the salty, intense flavors of the capers and salmon
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• capers, drained and rinsed
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
• 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
• 2 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into small pieces
• 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1/4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add onion to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- Add cream cheese, dill, capers, and salmon to pasta. Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats farfalle (you may not need all the water). Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Martha Stewart Recipes at https://www.marthastewart.com/315600/farfalle-pasta-with-smoked-salmon-and-cr