This is my favorite season and I love the foods of autumn, such as mushrooms, squash, apples and walnuts. I combined these all with pasta to make a delicious side dish perfect for sharing at a potluck; the recipe can easily be doubled and can be served either warm or at room temperature.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12 (about 2/3 cup each)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp cider vinegar
• 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
• 1 medium tart apple, chopped
• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
• 3 tbsp thawed apple juice concentrate
• 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
• 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1/3 cup cubed smoked Gouda cheese (about 1/4 inch cubes)
• 1-3/4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1/4 inch cubes)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, squash and poultry seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add apple, apple juice concentrate, vinegar and onion; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
- Drain tortellini; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, walnuts, cheese and parsley; toss gently to coat.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/festive-fall-tortellini-toss/