You can never have enough recipes for rice paper rolls! Perfect for a Sunday lunch with friends or a healthy option for the lunch box, try our Fresh Vietnamese Cold smoked Huon Salmon Rolls.
• Prep time: 45 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 limes
• 1 ginger stalk
• 6 garlic cloves
• 6 long red chilllis
• 2 tsps sesame oil
• 1/4 cup fish sauce
• 1/4 cup crushed nuts
• 200g dark palm sugar
• 1/2 cup Vietnamese mint
• 1/2 cup coriander Leaves
• 12 round rice paper sheets
• 2 large carrots, julienne cut
• 100ml tamarind concentrate
• 1 cup glass or vermicelli noodles
• 12 slices Huon Premium Cold Smoked Salmon
- Peel the garlic and ginger and chop the long red chillies and place into a mortar and pestle with the garlic, ginger. Add coriander roots. Pound until smooth.
- Heat a large saucepan with the sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander and chilli paste and fry off the paste for approx. 10 minutes add the grated palm sugar for a further 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and tamarind concentrate and cook on low for 15 minutes before straining.
- Julienne the carrots, cucumber and chilli.
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in 500ml of hot water for 10 minutes and set aside with vegetables.
- Follow rice paper roll instructions on pack and assemble all the ingredients, with a drizzle of the tamarind sauce, one at a time a quarter of the way into 12 sheets.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/fresh-vietnamese-cold-smoked-salmon-rolls/