Try out Gai Yaang or Thai BBQ Chicken Wings with a sweet-and-spicy chili glaze for the next Superbowl game!
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
For marinated chicken wings:
• 1 tbsp oil
• 3 tbsps fish sauce
• 3 lbs chicken wings
• 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
• 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
• 1 tbsp minced cilantro stems
• 1 tbsp palm or light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
• 2 tbsps roughly chopped cilantro
• 2 tbsps Sriracha chili sauce, option - for those extra spicy ribs
- For Marinade wings: Whisk together fish sauce, sugar, cilantro, lemongrass, white pepper, and oil. Toss wings well, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, ideally overnight.
- For make glaze: Whisk together all ingredients for glaze in large bowl.
- For cook wings: Pre-heat charcoal or gas grill to medium heat. Grill chicken wing over in-direct heat for about 30-45 minutes turning them every 15 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- For glaze wings: Toss wings in glaze until coated well.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/gai-yang-thai-bbq-chicken-recipe/