Make melt-in-your-mouth roasted beef tenderloin with a simple garlic brown butter sauce. This simple recipe is a show stopper!
When cooking a fine piece of meat like beef tenderloin, it’s important to cook it to an accurate temperature. The recommended cook for beef tenderloin is medium-rare. At medium-rare this roast will have the ideal level of tenderness. Slices towards the ends of the roast will be cooked to medium or medium well, while the center remains a perfect medium rare. As always, we recommend you use a meat thermometer for 100% accuracy.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2 tsps table salt
• 2 tsps black pepper
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1 (5 to 6 pound) beef tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut roast in half if necessary to fit in a 12-inch skillet. One half of the roast should have a thinner end that tapers off. Fold the thin end up against the rest of the roast and use kitchen twine to tie it together, creating an even thickness in the roast. Season the roast generously with salt, black pepper, and white pepper.
- Sear the roast in the heavy skillet on all 4 sides until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a roasting pan or 9x13 pan and roast in the preheated oven until desired done-ness is reached, 120-125 degrees for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Let meat rest, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes before serving.
- While meat is resting melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Once butter melts, add in whole garlic cloves. Continue to cook over medium heat until butter begins to bubble and foam, stirring constantly. The color of the butter will begin to change. As soon as it gets close to reaching a dark golden brown, remove from heat and pour into a heat-safe container. Remove garlic cloves.
- Slice the roast into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch slices and drizzle with brown butter. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to The-Stay-Home-Chefat https://thestayathomechef.com/roasted-beef-tenderloin/