This Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy potatoes, asparagus and a garlic butter sauce with a touch of lemon. A complete meal on one tray using minimal ingredients you already have in your kitchen! Full of flavour and so easy to make.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsps salt, divided
• 1 lemon sliced to garnish
• 2 tbsps fresh chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
• 2 1/2 tbsps minced garlic, divided
• 12 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
• 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 4 (6 oz / 170 g) skinless salmon fillets
• 3 bunches asparagus, (18 spears, woody ends removed)
• 2 tbsps dry white wine (substitute with 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth)
• 1 pound (500 g) fingerling potatoes, halved (or Yukon golds or halved white / red baby potatoes)
- Heat oven to 400°F | 200°C. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together potatoes with the oil, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread out in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes until they're just starting to soften and brown.
- Push potatoes to one side of the sheet pan and arrange salmon down the centre. Rub salmon evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Add the asparagus to the other side of the pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the melted butter together and pour the mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Season everything with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and continue baking until the potatoes are golden and fork-tender and the salmon is opaque throughout, (about 10 minutes). Optional: broil in the last 2 minutes for charred edges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining butter, garlic and lemon juice with the wine (or chicken stock). Serve with the salmon, veggies and lemon slices.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites at https://cafedelites.com/sheet-pan-garlic-butter-baked-salmon/