Ready in 10 minutes, these quick and easy garlic prawn and noodle lettuce cups make a perfect last-minute dinner.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 20g garlic butter
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 2 baby cos lettuces
• 1 1/2 tbsps fish sauce
• 24 peeled green prawns
• 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
• 4 baby cucumbers (qukes)
• 50g rice vermicelli noodles
• 1 cup bought shredded carrot
• 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- Put the kettle onto boil and heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and place on a serving platter.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic butter to the pan and melt until foaming. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side or until the prawns change colour and curl.
- Meanwhile, slice the cucumbers. Whisk together the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and fish sauce in a jug. Chop coriander and add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander to the dressing.
- Drain the noodles and use scissors to cut into short lengths, then place noodles in the lettuce cups. Top with carrot, cucumber and prawns. Drizzle with dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/garlic-prawn-lettuce-cups-recipe/2gncw9am