Grill up a decadent Kansas City Steak Garlic Rosemary Filet Mignon, and your guests will feel like they're eating at a fine steakhouse.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 6 6-ounce Kansas City Steak Company ® Super-Trimmed™ Filet Mignons, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, rosemary and minced garlic. Spoon the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap to keep your hands clean, roll the butter into a log about 2-1/2 inches long by 1-1/2 inches wide. Wrap it and freeze.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle about one teaspoon of the mixture on each steak, covering all sides.
- Setup your grill for two-zone grilling with direct heat and indirect heat. If using a gas grill, turn half of the burners on high and leave the other half off. If using a charcoal grill, push the coals to one side.
- Brush the grill grates with oil, so the meat won't stick. Then, place the filets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 3 minutes. Rotate the steak a quarter turn to create cross hatch grill marks. Grill for 3 more minutes. Flip. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Move the filets to the other side of the grill over indirect heat. Remove the butter from the freezer and cut into six equal slices. Top each filet with a pat of garlic rosemary butter.
- Continue grilling to your desired doneness. You can check the temperature with a grill thermometer. Rare = 125F, Medium Rare = 135F, Medium = 145F, Medium Well = 150F, Well = 160F.
- Remove to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
If you don't like rosemary, try a different fresh herb like thyme or basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Girls can Grill at http://girlscangrill.com/recipe/garlic-rosemary-filet-mignon/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly