This SUPER YUMMY Ginger Garlic Baked Chicken recipe marinated with ginger garlic, soy sauce and honey is so easy and delicious. The chicken drumsticks are marinated and oven baked to juicy goodness that anyone can make at home!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1 1/2 tbsps soy sauce
• 1/2 tbsps oyster sauce
• 3 dashes white pepper
• 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1 1/2 lbs (approx. 1.6kg) chicken drumsticks
• 1 pinch Chinese five-spice powder (Optional)
• 1 piece ginger, peeled and chopped (approx. 2 inch / 5cm)
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Add the ginger and garlic to the chicken and gently rub them on the chicken. Add the rest of the ingredients to the chicken, stir to mix well so the chicken drumsticks are nicely coated with all the ingredients.
- Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes or best for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until the surface turn golden brown, slightly charred and inside is cooked through. Serve warm.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/ginger-garlic-baked-chicken/