A SUPER lemony, herbal marinade is the key to making this simple chicken and potatoes freezer meal radiate bright, summery, sun-soaked flavours - even after months in the freezer.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tbsp dried dill
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps salt, divided
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 2 lbs. chicken breast
• 1 tbsp oregano, dried
• 1 Gallon sized freezer bag
• 1.5 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inches pieces
- Bring a large stock pot filled with water to the boil. Add one tablespoon of salt along with the potatoes, and boil for 6 minutes. Drain potatoes into a colander and allow them to cool completely.
- Make the Greek marinade: in a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon of salt, oregano, garlic powder and dill, stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled, cooked potatoes with half of the Greek marinade until potatoes are coated. Add potatoes to the bottom of a freezer bag. Use the same bowl to toss the chicken breasts with the remaining dressing. Once they’re well coated, add the seasoned chicken breast to the freezer bag along with the potatoes.
To cook the Greek Chicken freezer dinner:
- The night before you want to make this Greek chicken freezer dinner, remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge to thaw.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- When you are ready to bake, spread the defrosted chicken and potatoes out on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- If you want to add some color to the chicken and potatoes, broil for another 3-5 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/greek-chicken-freezer-meal