Greek Style Pork Chops with a Cucumber and Tomato Salad is a low carb, healthy meal full of flavor! I love this recipe because it is easy to make, quick, and loaded with fresh ingredients which means lots of flavor! Also, pork is probably my favorite protein. I've never liked picking favorites, so I'll say "probably" to avoid committing.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic, divided
• 4 boneless pork loin chops about 1/2
• 6 ounces plain fat free Greek style yogurt
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon shredded cucumber
• Splash of lemon juice to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes
• 1 cup diced seeded cucumber
• 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Combine 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic in a zip-top plastic bag or other container designed to marinate the pork chops. Add pork to bag, and seal. Marinate for at least 20 minutes at room temperature, turning after 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 6 ounces yogurt, 1 tablespoon dill, 1 tablespoon shredded cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic, a little bit of lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk to make the Tzatziki Sauce. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors as needed. Cover and chill.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, 1 cup diced cucumber, and 1/2 cup diced red onion. Sprinkle tomato mixture with 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss to combine.
- Heat a Grill Pan over mid-high heat (375 degrees F). Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pork from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add pork to pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until instant read thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy with the cucumber and tomato salad and a generous helping of the Tzatziki sauce!
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Greek-Style-Pork-Chops-1062107?prm-v1