Check out this quick and easy toast recipe. This oozy fried cheese sandwich is made using swiss chard, cream and gruyère cheese - the perfect indulgent brunch.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 80g butter
• pickles to serve
• 3/4 tsp mustard
• 8 sourdough slices
• 100ml double cream
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 200g Swiss chard, de-stalked and finely sliced
• 150g cheese, grated, can be the type of cheese you like
- Heat 20g of the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the spring onions and garlic, then cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chard and season well. Stir together and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted and all the moisture has evaporated. Add the cream, cheese and mustard. Mix well until you have a very thick, claggy sauce. Remove from the heat and cool a little.
- Use the remaining butter to spread over the side of each piece of sourdough. Place 1/2 the bread slices, buttered-side down, onto a chopped board. Top with the chard sauce and place the remaining sourdough, buttered-side up, on top.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sarnies and cook 2 at a time for 2-3 minutes each side or until crispy, golden and oozy. Serve immediately with pickles.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/greens-and-gruyere-toastie/