This aromatic lamb dinner will make any night into a special occasion.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• 2 x 250g lamb eye of loin
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
• salt & freshly ground pepper
• 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
• 2/3 cup (160ml) olive oil, plus extra to grease
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes and lemon juice in a baking dish. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley, mint, lemon rind, garlic and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Grease both sides of the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove from the pan. Press the herb mixture evenly over one side of each lamb loin using the back of a small spoon.
- Place the lamb, herb side up, on top of the tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes on medium. Set the lamb aside, covered with foil, to rest for 4 minutes. Slice each lamb loin across the grain into 4 pieces. Serve with the tomatoes and roasted sliced potatoes, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/gremolata-crusted-lamb-loin/ba1c1d29-d8e3-4e3a-9c67-a912cb7b74a2