Everyone will love this Mediterranean-inspired salad.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• watercress sprigs to serve
• 240g caperberries, drained
• ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
• 1kg baby octopus, cleaned
• ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
• 2 chorizo, sliced 1cm thick on an angle
• 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
For the kipfler potato salad:
• 600g potatoes, scrubbed
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
• ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
• finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- In a large heavy-based pan, combine the octopus, wine, 2 tbs oil, chilli flakes (if using), garlic and bay leaves. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and poach for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool in cooking liquid.
- For kipfler potato salad, place potatoes in a pan of salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain. Slice on angle 1cm thick. Place into a bowl with half the oil, season and toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan over high heat. Grill potato 2 minutes each side or until golden. Return to bowl with remaining oil, spring onion, chive, lemon zest and juice. Turn to coat and set aside.
- Drain octopus. Drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil and season. Grill octopus and chorizo for 2-3 minutes each side until slightly charred.
- To assemble, place potato salad onto a serving platter, top with octopus, chorizo, caperberries, watercress and drizzle with oil.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/grilled-baby-octopus-kipfler-potato-salad/YvwECkNf