• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 3 hours & 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 5 thyme sprigs
• 4 garlic cloves, bruised
• 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• 350g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 1/4 cups (310ml) white wine
• 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
• 1kg Fremantle octopus, cleaned, head removed
• 2 tbsps finely chopped oregano, plus extra leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. To braise octopus, place all ingredients, except cannellini beans and red wine vinegar, in a large, deep ovenproof saucepan with a tightfitting lid. Season and stir to combine. Cover tightly with the lid and braise for 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until octopus is very tender. Remove octopus and set aside. Remove thyme and discard.
- Add the cannellini beans and red wine vinegar to the braising liquid and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased chargrill pan or barbecue to high heat. Grill octopus, turning regularly, for 2-3 minutes or until charred all over.
- Divide braising liquid among serving plates and top with charred octopus. Serve with extra oregano and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/grilled-fremantle-octopus-tomato-braised-beans/mnvxm516