Grilled clams are a great way to enjoy fresh seafood in the summer without heating up the house. These Grilled Garlic Butter Clams are always a hit.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt, to taste
• 1 close garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 dozen littleneck clams
- Preheat your grill to its medium setting or prepare charcoals for grilling.
- While the grill is heating up, scrub all the clams to remove any sand or grit from the shells.
- Place the clams directly on the grates of the grill and close the lid. Cook, checking occasionally, until all the shells have opened (about 5-7 minutes). Discard any unopened clams.
- As the clams are opening, place a small cast iron skillet on the grill and add the butter. Melt until bubbly and golden. Add the garlic and stir. Cook for about 1 minute – or until softened and translucent. Spoon the garlic butter over the clams (inside the shell!). But be careful, the pan will be extremely hot – make sure to use a potholder whenever handling it.
- Sprinkle the clams with kosher salt. Devour.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Grilled-Garlic-Butter-Clams-9002532#directions