• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 12 lamb loin chops
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 medium eggplant, chopped into 2cm pieces
• 1 small jar (about 2 cups) tomato pasta sauce
• 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
• mashed potato and shavings of Parmesan to serve
- Brush each lamb chop with a little oil. Season each with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick pan to moderately hot. Keep the heat at moderately high. Add the oil and eggplant to pan, cook for 2-3 minutes or until eggplant is golden. Add the tomato pasta sauce and the cherry tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the grill tray. Preheat the oven grill to high/maximum setting. Place the chops on the cold grill tray, place tray under the hot grill. Cook chops on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only.
- Remove chops from grill tray, loosely cover with foil and rest chops for 2 minutes before serving. Serve lamb with mashed potato and spoonful of the eggplant topped with a few shavings of Parmesan.
You can use lamb cutlets for this recipe.
When you grill meat it should be placed on a cold grill tray. This prevents the meat sticking and becoming difficult to turn.
This great family recipe is thanks to Beef and Lamb at http://www.beefandlamb.com.au/Recipes/All_recipes/Detail/Grilled-lamb-loin-chops-with-eggplant-parmigiana