• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp lemon zest
• 4 (8 oz) lobster tails
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• lemon wedges, for serving
• freshly ground black pepper
• extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
• pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
• 2 tbsps freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
• 2 tbsps freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, zest, chives, parsley, garlic, and salt.
- Using kitchen shears, cut top of lobster shell from meaty portion of tail. Using a knife, cut halfway through meat down the center, without cutting all the way through. Insert a skewer lengthwise through the lobster to keep lobster from curling up when cooked.
- Brush all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill flesh side down until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Flip lobster and dollop a spoonful of butter mixture on flesh side. Grill until just cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove lobster from grill and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26883467/grilled-lobster-tail-recipe/