This quick taco filling is perfect for weeknight dinners. Smashed avocado and charred Corn pico brings a rich, earthy flavor to these seafood scallop tacos.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 scallions
• Lime wedges
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 large, ripe avocado
• 1 to 2 jalapeno chiles
• 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
• 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
• 8 (6-in.) corn tortillas, warmed
• 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
• 1 pound fresh, dry-packed bay scallops (30/40 count)
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- Preheat grill to medium (about 450°F). Toss together the scallops, olive oil, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl until scallops are evenly coated; chill until ready to use.
- Grill the corn, scallions, and jalapeños, turning often, until charred and tender and the corn begins to release its juices, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from grill; cool 5 minutes.
- Cut corn kernels from cobs into a medium bowl; discard cobs. Finely chop the scallions; add to the corn kernels. Remove stems and seeds from the jalapeños. Finely chop jalapeños, and add to corn and scallions. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Cut avocado in half; scoop avocado pulp into a bowl. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and mash with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Grill scallops in a hot grill pan until grill marks appear, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Spread each warm corn tortilla with avocado mixture; top with 4 or 5 grilled scallops and a spoonful of corn pico. Serve with lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-scallop-tacos-smashed-avocado-charred-corn-pico