To go with grilled scallops, i create this my own version of salsa verde by combining sweet honeydew and buttery avocado in a fruit salsa.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 pounds large sea scallops
• 1 avocado, cut into 1/4 inch dice
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 pounds honeydew melon, rind removed and melon cut into 1/4 inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the diced honeydew melon and avocado. Season the salsa with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to plates, spoon the salsa alongside and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD & WINE at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-scallops-honeydew-avocado-salsa