Grilling squid is not common, but if you want to give it a shot, try this recipe from Serious Eats.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• lemon wedges, for serving
• chopped parsley, for garnish
• 1 pound whole cleaned squid bodies
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and serving
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over half of coal grate. Alternatively, set all the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly pat squid dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss squid with a drizzle of olive oil until lightly coated.
- Grill squid over hottest part of grill, turning, until browned on both sides. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle fresh olive oil on top, garnish with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to serious eats at https://www.seriouseats.com/grilled-squid-olive-oil-lemon-recipe