Just six ingredients is all you need for this speedy, budget - friendly sausage roll dinner!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsps vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
• 600g pork and veal mince
• 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 400g frozen garlic and ginger stir-fry vegetables
• 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine mince, hoisin sauce, breadcrumbs and 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Cut 1 pastry sheet in half crossways. Shape one-quarter mince mixture into a 24cm-long sausage. Place along edge of 1 pastry sheet half. Brush opposite edge with egg. Roll up pastry to enclose filling. Cut in half. Place, seam-side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, mince mixture and egg.
- Brush tops with egg. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry vegetables for 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add flavour sachet. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Serve sausage rolls with vegetables.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/hoisin-pork-sausage-rolls/8cdf58f6-cb76-430a-84c9-7d441bbd1da4