Any time a novice cook asks Jamie Bissonnette for a simple recipe, he gives them this soy-honey-mustard sauce. It’s delicious on the salmon here, but he also recommends spreading it on chicken wings or pork chops before grilling.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-6
• kosher salt
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• freshly ground pepper
• canola oil, for brushing
• 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
• 1 1/2 tsps finely chopped thyme
• four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets or 6 to 8-ounce salmon steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mustards with the honey, soy sauce, garlic and thyme.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grate or pan. Brush the salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon fillets skinned side down over moderate heat for about 3 minutes. Turn and grill about 3 minutes longer, until the salmon is nearly cooked through. Generously brush both sides of the salmon with the honey mustard and grill, turning frequently, until richly glazed, about 1 minute. (For salmon steaks, grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes, then brush with the honey mustard, turning frequently, for 1 minute.) Transfer to a platter or plates and serve, passing the remaining honey mustard at the table.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food & Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/honey-mustard-glazed-salmon-steaks