You can never have too many quick go to summer salads, especially one which is bursting with colour and flavour like this recipe for Hot Smoked Ocean Trout with quinoa, grilled corn, sugar snaps, mint and roasted pumpkin.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 corn on the cobb
• 2 radish (sliced thin)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup garden mint (torn)
• 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
• 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup white quinoa (cooked)
• 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes
• 1 cup butternut pumpkin (diced)
• 200g Huon Hot Smoked Ocean Trout (broken up)
• 1 cup sugar snaps (side string removed and halved)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Combine one tablespoon of the olive oil with the cubed pumpkin, place on a tray and roast in the oven until golden and tender. Remove and allow to cool.
- To cook the quinoa - combine quinoa and two cups of water in a pot. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the germ turns opaque and splits from the seed - it should resemble little curls.
- Boil the cleaned corn cob in salted water for 8 minutes. Remove, dry and grill over a flame for several minutes to lightly char the kernels. Remove them with a knife and set aside.
- Combine the vinegar and remaining olive oil, season well and stir in all the remaining ingredients and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/hot-smoked-ocean-trout-quinoa-grilled-corn-sugar-snaps-mint-roasted-pumpkin/