Who said gin wasn’t a breakfast food!? The new Huon gin and kaffir lime cured Salmon is paired simply but deliciously with a dukkah poached egg and avocado.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tsp salt
• Juice 1 lime
• 1/2 Avocado
• ½ cup Quinoa
• 50g Dukkah spice
• 4 Free-range eggs
• 2 Cups Rocket leaves
• 2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
• 2 100g Huon Gin and Kaffir Lime Cured Salmon
- Rinse ½ cup of quinoa under water to remove bitter flavour then add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Boil eggs for 4 minutes until medium boiled. Place in cold water to cool and peel shell, and then roll in dukkah until coated.
- In each serving bowl, add 1 cup rocket, ½ cup quinoa, 2 eggs, ¼ avocado and Huon Gin and Keffir Lime cured salmon.
- Finish by dressing with a drizzle of olive oil, juice from lime (or lemon) and a pinch of salt.
- Alternatively, use pre-cooked quinoa and simply heat and add
- Boil eggs at the beginning of the week to use in your breakfast – or simply sprinkle dukkah on your fried or scrambled eggs.
TIPS: Alternatively, use pre-cooked quinoa and simply heat and add
Boil eggs at the beginning of the week to use in your breakfast – or simply sprinkle dukkah on your fried or scrambled eggs.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-gin-kaffir-lime-cured-salmon-breakfast-bowl-lyndi-cohen/