Basil is a great flavour to pair with salmon – it adds a smooth but punchy flavour.
Cook these parcels around the camp fire on your next coastal getaway and enjoy the explosion of flavour.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 8 cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup basil leaves
• small knob of butter
• 1 small zucchini, cut into slices
• 4 Huon salmon portions, skin on
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Lay out 4 large sheets of baking paper. Drizzle each piece of paper with a little oil and place a salmon portion on top, skin side down.
- Evenly place zucchini slices under salmon and divide tomatoes and basil over the top. Drizzle remaining olive oil. Break the butter into little pieces and arrange them on top of the salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up the salmon by folding up the long edges of the paper, folding several times to make a little packet, then fold the ends under the packet.
- Transfer to the preheated tray and bake for 15 minutes. Let each diner open their parcel to serve.
Tip:You can also cook these on the BBQ or on a camp fire, just wrap the baking paper parcel in a layer of foil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aquaat https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-and-basil-parcels/