This stylish dish is a beautiful way to present crispy skin salmon. You can add some colour to your meal with this fresh and healthy recipe!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 portions of fresh Huon Salmon, skin on and cut in two
• 2 beetroots, passionfruit size
• 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup fresh walnuts, broken into two pieces
• 1/2 orange, cut into segments
• 1/2 cup baby salad leaves
• 2 tbs fresh goat's cheese
• 1 tbs sherry vinegar
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 8 viola flowers
• To taste salt and pepper
- Wash beetroots, trim stalks leaving 1cm of stem and leave root as is. Place the beetroots in cold, salter water and bring to the boil. Simmer until the beetroots are cooked, this takes between 45 minutes and one hour.
- Remove beetroots from heat and cool in cold water. Refrigerate until requited.
- Peel beetroots and carfully slice very thin using a v-slicer or mandolin. Arrange six beetroot slices on each plate, overlapping the slices slightly.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in salmon, skin side down. Grill for two minutes until crisp, then turn and finish the other side keeping the centre pink and moist.
- Place salmon onto the beetroot slices and finish with the salad greens, walnuts, orange segments and goat's cheese. Combine together with sherry vinegar, olive oil and seasoning. Dress the salad and present immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-goats-cheese-beetroot-salad/