This tasty salad was created by Christina at the Hungry Australian for our Reserve Selection Blogger Challenge.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 cups water
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
• 1 bag mixed salad leaves
• 250g Huon Reserve Selection Whisky Cured Tasmanian Cold Smoked Salmon
• 1 ruby grapefruit peeled, sliced and halved into mini fan shapes
• 1 pomegranate (for the seeds)
• 2 tbsp Huon Reserve Selection Hand-Milked Tasmanian Salmon Caviar
• For Dressing
• 3 tbsp best quality virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1/2 tsp honey
• 1/2 tsp mild grainy mustard
• 1/2 red onion (optional)
• Handful snow pea sprouts (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa in water according to packet instructions and leave aside to cool.
- Steam asparagus and leave to cool.
- To assemble salad, spread mixed salad leaves on a large platter.
- Top with smoked salmon arranged into casual rosettes, grapefruit, pomegranate, quinoa, asparagus and onion (optional).
- Garnish with snow pea sprouts and salmon caviar and serve with dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-smoked-salmon-pomegranate-quinoa-salad/