Within 15 minutes top the golden crust with fresh ingredients. Swap the toppings for flavours of your liking and customise to your taste.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps lemon zest
• 200g crème fraiche
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1/4 cup dill, chopped
• 1 tbsp chives, chopped
• 1 large sheet puff pastry
• 200g Huon Premium Cold Smoked Salmon
- First make the drizzle. Reserve 1 tbsp of dill for garnishing, and blend remaining ingredients until smooth, check the seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the pastry sheet on a baking tray lined with paper. Using a small knife, score (do not cut all the way through the pastry) a parallel line about 3cm in from each side to create a 2cm border around the edge of the pastry.
- Use a fork to prick all over the surface of the pastry inside the border. Beat the egg in a little bowl and brush all over the surface of the tart. Scatter with a little sea salt.
- Cook in the oven till puffed and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and transfer to a serving tray. Lightly spread the crème fraiche over the surface of the tart inside the border. Arrange Huon Salmon slices on top of crème fraiche, then use a dessert spoon to drizzle the dressing over the tart. Scatter reserved dill fronds over the top and serve with a large green salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aquaat https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-smoked-salmon-tart/