Stir fragrant spices with juicy king prawns and sweet peppers for a protein-packed midweek meal ready in under half an hour.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• rice to serve
• 8 curry leaves
• 2 tsps vegetable oil
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 red pepper, sliced
• 1 lime, wedge to serve
• 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
• 1/2 green pepper, sliced
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp black mustard seeds
• a small bunch coriander, torn
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 180g pack raw peeled king prawns
• 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
• a thumb-sized piece ginger, shredded
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and cook the mustard seeds and curry leaves for a minute, then add the onion and peppers, and cook for 5 minutes until charring at the edges. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes and 150ml of water. Cook over a high heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down and become saucy.
- Stir in the prawns, turmeric and cumin, and cook gently for 5 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Season and stir in the coriander. Serve with rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/quick-and-easy/indian-stir-fried-prawns/