Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore - an easy pressure cooker meal loaded with tender chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, carrots and sliced mushrooms. A comforting rustic dish that's perfect for busy weeknights with the best hearty and cozy Italian flavors.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2-3 tbsps olive oil
• 6 oz tomato paste
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp dried thyme
• 1 cup sliced carrots
• 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 4 kalamata olives (Optional)
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
• 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
• 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1/2 cup chopped kale, stems removed
• fresh basil leaves for garnish (Optional)
• 1 28 oz canned diced tomatoes drained
• 2 tbsps fresh chopped parsley plus more for serving
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button.
- Sear the chicken until you get a nice brown caramel coating. You may have to work in batches, depending on the size of your Instant Pot. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the inner pot back to the pressure cooker and add more oil, if needed. Saute the garlic, onion, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken back to the pot. Press CANCEL then cover with lid. Turn the valve to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK HIGH (OR MANUAL - for older models).
- Set the timer to 10 minutes. Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure and cooks for 10 minutes, do a QUICK RELEASE. Open the lid carefully and stir in the olives and kale.
OPTIONAL STEP:If you prefer a thicker stew, witch to SAUTE mode and stir in an arrow root starch slurry (or use xanthan gum for low carb) and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the stew bubbles and thickens up.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, basil leaves and taste and season with additional salt or black pepper, as needed. Serve hot over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, pasta or your favorite sides.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life-Made-SweeterRecipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/instant-pot-chicken-cacciatore/