This flavoursome Italian pork sausages bake can be made ahead in preparation for those nights when you are short on time.
• Prep Time: 10 minutes
• Cook Time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 bunch fresh sage
• 500g pork sausages
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
• 500g dried rigatoni pasta
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
• 500g savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
• 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
• 300ml light thickened cream for cooking
• 90g (1 1/4 cups) parmesan, finely grated
• 105g (1 1/2 cups) fresh courdough breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 210C/190C fan forced. Squeeze meat from casings into a bowl. Finely chop half the sage. Reserve remaining sage.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add sausage meat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps, for 4 minutes. Stir in cabbage for 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in chopped sage and garlic for 1 minute until aromatic. Add wine. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add cream. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in vinegar. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tbs water. Return pasta and water to pan. Add sausage mixture and half the parmesan. Gently stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan, reserved sage and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Spread over pasta. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/italian-pork-sausage-pasta-bake/3d17d918-7214-45f8-a080-c5dff19ff3cd