Keto Cashew Chicken - a low carb & paleo friendly recipe with all the delicious flavors of the Chinese restaurant takeout dish. This healthy Whole30 one pan meal comes together in less than 30 minutes & is perfect for busy weeknights.
• Prep time: 12 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup roasted cashews
• 1/8 tsp sea salt , or to taste
• 1.5 tbsp avocado oil , for frying
• 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
• toasted sesame seeds , for garish
• chopped green onions, for garnish
• 1 medium red bell pepper , cut into bite-sized chunks
• 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs , cut into 1" chunks (can also use chicken breasts)
For the sauce:
• 2 tsps sesame oil
• 3 tbsps liquid aminos
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp five spice powder
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
• 1/8 tsp red chili flakes, to taste
• 6 tbsps bone broth, OR compliant chicken broth
• 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, (optional – to thicken sauce)
• 1 tsp red boat fish sauce, (leave out if preferred but adds so much umami flavor)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper.. Allow to sit while you make the bowl.
- To make the sauce and marinade, whisk together the broth, aminos, sesame oil, vinegar, five spice powder, chili flakes. Toss chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of the sauce. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add avocado oil to a hot wok or pan. Sear the chicken until brown then transfer to a plate.
- Add a little bit more avocado oil then add broccoli and bell peppers. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Stir in the remainder of the sauce and the cashews. Sprinkle in xanthan gum, if you want a thicker sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan until heated through. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions and serve over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life-Made-Sweeter Recipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/keto-cashew-chicken/