Check out this classic Japanese recipe, yaki soba. I've used King prawns, but you can easily change things up with chicken or strips of beef if you like.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• oil for frying
• a handful bean sprouts
• i small onion, halved and sliced
• 300g fresh ramen or egg noodles
• 150g raw king prawns, butterflied
• pink pickled ginger shredded to serve
• 1 red or green pepper, sliced into strips
• black and white sesame seeds to serve
• 4 spring onions, sliced including green bits
For yaki soba sauce:
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1/4 tsp white pepper
• 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until soft. Toss in the spring onions and prawns and cook until the prawns are turning pink. Add the bean sprouts, noodles and sauce and toss until hot. Serve topped with the ginger and sesame seeds.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/king-prawn-yaki-soba/