This Korean BBQ Chicken Kimchi Lettuce Wraps refreshing lettuce wraps with spicy Korean grilled chicken and kimchi. So delicious you'll want more.
I am always trying out new recipes such as this Korean BBQ Chicken Kimchi Lettuce Wraps recipe, which is absolutely amazing in flavors and presentation, and a perfect crowd pleaser.
• Prep time: 40 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb (about 0.4 kg) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
• salt to taste
• 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• 1/2 cup kimchi, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 head lettuce, leaves separate
• 1 1/2 tbsps Korean chili paste, gochujang
• 2 tbsps Pompeian organic extra virgin olive oil
• 1 inch (about 2 cm) piece ginger, peeled and minced
• 2 tbsps Pompeian organic extra virgin olive oil, for grilling
• 1 tsp Korean red chili powder, gochugaru or regular chili powder
- Slice each piece of chicken thigh horizontally into 2 to 3 slices. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Marinade in a bowl, whisk it and make sure it's loose and completely dissolved. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or two hours.
- Grill the chicken until slightly charred and completely cooked through, brush the olive oil on the chicken during the grilling process. Slice the chicken into pieces.
- Place some chicken in the middle of the lettuce leaf, top with kimchi and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/korean-bbq-chicken-kimchi-lettuce-wraps/