Super easy, fast and delicious kung pao scallops.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For the Sauce:
• 3/4 cup chicken broth
• 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
For the Scallops / Stir Fry:
• 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
• 1 tsp chili paste
• 1 lb. bay scallops cut in half
• 1 can sliced water chestnuts rinsed and drained
• 1 lb. fresh sugar snap peas
• 4 green onions thinly sliced
• 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
• 3 cups hot cooked white rice (optional)
- To make the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- For the stir-fry, heat the sesame and olive oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chili paste and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the scallops and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the water chestnuts and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture, snap peas and green onions. Bring to a boil and cook 4-6 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Serve with rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to A-Sweet-Pea-Chef Recipes at https://www.asweetpeachef.com/kung-pao-scallops/