No one can resist meatballs, and this recipe is so moreish you might want to make double and freeze for another time.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• ½ tsp sugar
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 50g fresh breadcrumbs
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 500g pack lean lamb mince
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• pitta bread and salad, to serve
• 8 dried apricots, finely chopped
• ½ 20g pack mint, finely chopped
• 2 red onions, very finely chopped
• 2 tsps each ground cumin and coriander (or 4 tsp Moroccan spice blend)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and soften the onions for 5 mins. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a few mins more. Spoon half the onion mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool. Add the tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the remaining onions in the pan and simmer for about 10 mins until reduced.
- Meanwhile, add the mint, lamb, apricots and breadcrumbs to the cooled onions, season and mix well with your hands. Shape into little meatballs.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the meatballs until golden (in batches if you need to). Stir in the sauce with a splash of water and gently cook everything for a few mins until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve with pitta bread and salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/665637/lamb-and-apricot-meatballs