• Prep and cook time: 1 hour & 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp butter
• 4 leaves lettuce
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1 tbsp kosher salt
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 pound ground lamb
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
• 1 medium red onion, sliced
• 1 tbsp prepared horseadish
• 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsps finely chopped onion
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 4 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
• 4 brioche hamburger buns, halved
• 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire, salt, cumin, pepper and egg. Add the lamb and mix well with your hands.
- Shape the lamb mixture into 4 patties. Press 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese into the center of each patty; roll into balls and then flatten into 3-by-1-inch patties. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, then add the butter and canola oil. Place the cold patties in the skillet and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Assemble the burgers: Place the burgers on the buns, and layer with lettuce, red onions and tomatoes.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network Recipes at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/lamb-burgers-3211814