• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp allspice
• 250 lamb mince
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 100g feta, crumbled
• mint leaves, to serve
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
• natural yoghurt, to serve
• 1/2 cup (125ml) hot water
• 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pine nuts
• 1 pomegranated, seeds removed
• 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Place the flour and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the centre. Add the water and 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and stir until combined. Gently knead in the bowl until a soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Place a pizza stone or baking tray in the oven to heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, coriander, allspice, ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the lamb and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until lamb changes colour and is cooked through. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dough into 4 even portions. Roll a dough portion out on a lightly floured surface to a 20cm diameter disc. Repeat with remaining dough portions. Remove the preheated tray from the oven. Place 2 discs on the tray. Spoon the lamb mixture over each flatbread. Sprinkle with pine nuts and feta. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is golden and crisp. Remove from oven. Repeat with remaining flatbreads, lamb, pine nuts and feta.
- Place the flatbreads on serving plates. Drizzle with yoghurt and sprinkle with pomegranate and mint leaves. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/lamb-flatbreads/a8248d29-c4a0-4dc3-8c4e-b2b072c34692