Skewer your meat and griddle to your preference and serve with a healthy salad of tomatoes, olives and feta.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• juice ½ lemon
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 600g diced lamb leg
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
For the salad:
• 1 cucumber, chopped
• bunch of mint, chopped
• 4 large tomatoes, chopped
• 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
• large handful black olives, roughly chopped
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a mixing bowl. Pour half into a jug and set aside for later. Add the lamb to the bowl, stir to coat, then thread onto 8 small skewers If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 mins before use. Pour over any excess marinade and let stand for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix all salad ingredients together, except the mint, and pour over the reserved lemon juice and oil mix.
- Heat a griddle pan. Cook the lamb for 8 mins, turning every couple of mins, until cooked through and slightly charred. Mix the mint through the salad and serve immediately with the kebabs.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2220665/lamb-kebabs-and-greek-salad