A low-fat dish of grilled citrus chicken with fresh salad that can be whipped up for a quick supper.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 8 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 skinless chicken breasts
• juice 2 lemons
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
For the Couscous
• 200g couscous
• 85g sultana
• 250ml hot chicken stock
• 85g pitted green olive
• 400g can chickpeas, drained
• 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting through the thickest part of the breast, stopping 1cm before the edge, then opening out like a book. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, chilli flakes and garlic. Pour half over the chicken and marinate for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous and sultanas in a bowl, then pour over the stock. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 5 mins.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick frying pan, remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 4 mins on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the olives, chickpeas, parsley and the other half of the marinade. Season and serve with the chicken.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1897682/lemon-chicken-with-fruity-olive-couscous