• Prep time: place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight
• Cook time: about 2 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 125mls (1/2 cup) olive oil
• 2kg baby octopus, prepared
• 185mls (3/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
• Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh Continental parsley
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and parsley in a large bowl and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. Add octopus to the lemon marinade and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight, tossing it occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue grill or a chargrill on high. Drain octopus and reserve the marinade for basting. Cook the octopus on preheated barbecue grill or chargrill in 2 separate batches, brushing with the reserved marinade frequently, for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Serve octopus warm or at room temperature.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/lemon-octopus/d3be1595-e3d7-4ab6-89b2-3d3abfa2b3b9