Lemongrass Beef Skewers – amazing and juicy beef skewers grilled to perfection. A must-have for family gathering or parties!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves about 22 skewers
• 20-22 wooden skewers
• 1.5 pounds top sirloin steak
For the marinade:
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 3 tbsps sugar
• 3 tbsps fish sauce
• 2 tbsps minced garlic
• 1 1/2 tbsps sesame oil
• 1/4 cup minced shallot
• 2 tbsps sweet soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup minced fresh lemongrass, white part only
For the garnish:
• 1/4 cup slightly sautéed scallion
• 1/4 cup roasted peanut, crushed
- Slice the steak into small thin pieces approximately 3/4" square and 1/4" thick.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Marinade. Add the Marinade to the meat and mix well. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Insert the meat through the wooden skewers.
- Heat up the grill. Grill the meat for at least 2-3 minutes on each side, or until desired tenderness.
- Garnish the Lemongrass Beef Skewers with bits of crushed peanuts and sautéed scallion before serving.
NOTES: To make the sautéed scallion, heat up a non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add in the 1/4 chopped scallions. Add salt to taste. Slightly sautéed for 1 minute.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA Recipes at https://rasamalaysia.com/lemongrass-beef-skewers/