These Lentil Meatballs are meatless, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan, yet still full of incredible flavor.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 cup dry green lentils
• 1/4 cup gluten free oats
• 1 flax egg
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1 1/2 tbsps garlic minced and divided
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 1/2 tsps salt divided
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp ground flaxmeal
• 3 tbsps water
- Prepare lentils according to package directions and allow to slightly cool.
- While lentils are cooking prepare flax egg by mixing together flaxmeal with water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly brush sheet pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Process lentils, oats, flax egg, red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley, onion powder, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon garlic together in food processor until just combined.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just browned.
- Serve meatballs with marinara sauce if desired.
• Feel free to use regular egg in place of flax egg.
• Use certified gluten free oats to keep these meatballs gluten free.
• Be sure to use green, not red lentils, for the best texture.
This great family recipe is thanks to A-Mind-Full-Mom Recipes at https://amindfullmom.com/lentil-meatballs