• Prep and cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• kosher salt
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 lb. cavatappi
• 2 1/2 cup whole milk
• 1 cup shredded fontina
• pinch nutmeg (Optional)
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
• 1 lb. cooked lobster, roughly chopped
• 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, divided
• 1/4 cup freshly choped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cavatappi until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with nutmeg if using, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, Fontina, and 1/2 cup Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in pasta and lobster and transfer into a 9"-x-13" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Panko, the remaining Parmesan, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over pasta. Bake until bubbly and golden, 20-25 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22790813/lobster-mac-recipe/