• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 2/3 cup (165ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1kg octopus tentacles or 1 large octopus (head removed), cleaned
• Pinch each ground cumin and Aleppo pepper (optional – substitute dried chilli flakes)
- Heat 100ml oil in a large saucepan with a fitted lid over high heat. Add octopus and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until colour is evenly changed. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook, turning halfway, for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and stand for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Add remaining 65ml oil, lemon juice, cumin and Aleppo pepper, if using, and toss to combine. Transfer octopus to a serving platter, spoon over some cooking juices and scatter with parsley to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/marinated-octopus-andrew-mcconnell/4sd8n3c7