This simple Mexican Beef Bowl is a favourite for a healthy and super quick family dinner. Using lean beef strips makes it simple and it all comes together in less than 15 minutes! Easy peasy.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 600g lean beef strips
• 30g packet taco seasoning
• 2 x 250g microwave brown rice and quinoa
• 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
• 200g pre-packed coleslaw
• 1 large avocado, diced
• 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
• Coriander sprigs, light sour cream, lime wedges, to serve
- Place beef in a large snap lock bag, add taco seasoning, seal and rub to coat.
- Preheat a large lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil.
- Prepare brown rice and quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Divide rice and quinoa, beans and coleslaw between bowls. Top with beef, avocado and tomatoes. Serve with your choice of coriander sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges.
• Slice your own beef strips using rump, sirloin or porterhouse steak.
• Use any beans of your choice in the bowl– black-eyed beans, cannellini beans, red kidney beans, four bean mix.
• For the kids, serve with hard or soft taco shells.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/mexican-beef-bowl/#