Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad is a delicious, hearty salad that has all the flavours of your favourite mexican taco, but healthier. Loaded with lettuce, black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and a delicious cilantro lime dressing, it’s perfect when you want salad for dinner.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsps Olive Oil
• 1 cup Corn Kernels
• 1 cup Black Beans, drained
• 4 tsps Taco Seasoning, divided
• 20 large frozen Prawns, thawed
• 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
• 2 Avocados, scooped and diced
• 5 cups fresh Lettuce, roughly torn
For the Cilantro Lime Dressing:
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp Paprika
• 1/2 cup Olive Oil
• 2 tbsps Lime Juice
• 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
• 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
• 3/4 cup Chopped Cilantro or Coriander
For Topping: Nachos, Sour Cream, Jalapenos etc.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and add thawed prawns and 3 tablespoons taco seasoning to it. Saute for 7-8 minutes till the prawns are cooked through. Remove the prawns and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add corn and a tablespoon of taco seasoning. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar and shake till everything combines and the dressing emulsifies. Alternatively, you can also add everything to a blender and blend.
- To assemble the salad, add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocados, and prawns. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- We love topping our salad with crushed nachos, sour cream and jalapenos which add tons of flavour to this salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to My-Food-Story Recipes at https://myfoodstory.com/mexican-prawn-avocado-taco-salad-recipe/